Monday, October 5, 2009

Music For The Masses: Let Go, Avril Lavigne



The singles released from the album ultimately became my teenage anthems. I remember the days when I go crazy when I hear Complicated being played on the radio stations. It was 2002 when Avril ruled the airplay. As much as I hate teen pop ala Miley Cyrus, Avril does not ad nauseum. She's my all-time favourite teen artiste. Recently rediscovered when I was packing my old stuff, this CD was a trip down memory lane. This album showcases Avril's versatilty from anger-fueled tracks like Losing Grip to the melancholic I'm With You. Set apart from other teen-pop acts, Avril delivers every song in this album with sincerity that her peers are lacking. Her heartfelt delivery laden with sunny guitars made this album "Anything But Ordinary". Standout tracks are: Complicated, Losing Grip, Anything But Ordinary, I'm With You, Mobile, Tomorrow, Too Much To Ask, Things I'll Never Say, and Naked.


Album Tracklisting:
  1. Losing Grip
  2. Complicated
  3. Sk8er Boi
  4. I'm With You
  5. Mobile
  6. Unwanted
  7. Tomorrow
  8. Anything but Ordinary
  9. Things I'll Never Say
  10. My World
  11. Nobody's Fool
  12. Too Much To Ask
  13. Naked

No comments:

Post a Comment